Is it Friday yet? That’s exactly what my T-shirt says. This week seems a bit longer than usual may be because the little one is off nursery for the Easter break and I am trying to write a blog… well, some will say “wrong timing” or ” too ambitious ” but I do like to challenge myself from time to time. In fact, I am attempting to write this laying half way into a kiddie pop-up tent in her room while pretending, camp sleepover! 🙃
Anyway today I am sharing a delicious yet healthy and light recipe with you!
Baked Courgette fries with Pomegranate Molasses and Yogurt dip!
Inspired by our holidays in sunny Turkey! Beautiful people Beautiful food!
Serve :4 as a side / 2 for Lunch with a salad.
Here is how you cook it.
2 medium courgette cut in to 3-inch long 1/4-inch thick slices
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 large egg lightly beaten
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 lemon zest
1/4 cup grated coconut
Olive oil cooking spray
Good quality Pomegranate molasses to drizzle on fries.
½ cup Greek yogurt.
A pinch of cumin powder.
1 small clove grated Garlic
1tbs Lemon juice
⅛ tsp salt
Coriander leaves to garnish.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Wash and prepare the Courgette and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and place a metal cooling rack on top of the sheet, spray with oil.
- Fill three medium bowl separately with, flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs and keep it aside
- Add lemon zest, coconut, paprika, salt and pepper to the crumbs bowl and mix all together.
- Dip each courgette slice in to flour, shaking of the excess. Dip it in the egg and then cover completely with breadcrumbs mixture.
- Transfer the coated fries to the rack, in a single layer. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Light coat the fries with the cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven until the fries are tender and the skin is browned and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, cumin seed, garlic, lemon and salt pepper with couple of coriander leaves to garnish
- Serve hot with a drizzle of Pomegranate molasses and dipping Yogurt sauce.