I live in a cold country…. Brrr…. And me and my family is obsessed with quick homemade heart warming soups with a hint of spice.
This delicious Roasted Carrot and Thyme soup is one of those soups, which possesses a nice wonderfulness about it…This soup also contains parsnip, which compliment the sweetness and gives a rustic depth to the soup.
These versatile vegetables contain vitamin C and K and loaded with potassium, magnesium and iron, not to forget the high levels of fiber. It’s no coincidence that the parsnip resembles the carrot as the two veggies are close relatives.
I added chopped fresh coriander to the top of the finished soup. It really did turn out to be a yummy bowl of goodness!
Here’s how you make it, hope you like it…!
Roasted Carrot and Thyme soup
Serve 2 for a quick lunch
Carrots x 8-10
Potato medium x 1 Parsnip x2 Onion x1Garlic x 3 chunky one
Ginger x 1ch piece
Thyme few twigs
Honey x 3tbsp
Olive oil x 2tbsp
Salt and pepper as per taste
Garlic salt (optional)
Butter x 2tbs
Cinnamon x 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder x 1/2 tsp
Chicken stock cube x2 or 2 cup good quality chicken broth. Full Cream x 1/2 cup Toasted Chick peas and coriander to garnish (optional).
* Turn the oven on to 170° and Prepare a tray with foil or butter paper.
* Wash carrots, parsnip and potato and cut into chunks, place it on the foiled tray.
* Peel n cut onion into half and add in.
* Throw in the garlic unpeeled.
* Drizzle oil, half of the honey, salt pepper and couple of thyme twigs.
* Place the tray in the oven for 40minutes uncovered.
* Once slightly brown and tender take it out and put it in a blander to purée in batches with little water.
* Pour it to a deep pan and stir well on a slow heat, while adding the broth or stock cube with some more water.
* Cook until bubble then add cream, stir for a minute on low heat.
* Finally add butter, cumin powder, cinnamon powder and remaining honey…now is the time to taste for salt n pepper.
Garnish with coriander and serve hot with fresh focaccia or choice of your bread.
Enjoy…..!! and don’t forget to share your comments, I always look forward to read them!
Catch you soon with some more edible love!